There are three types of fees that can be applied to a disbursement: Management Fees, Merchant Fees, and Manual Check Surcharge. Some of our clients elect to cover these fees, while others do not.
Below is a breakdown of each of the fees:
- Management fees are between 0% and 4.8%. We are not currently permitted to publish the rates, as this is privately negotiated with each client.
- The management fee is always applied. It’s what we (Benevity) charge our clients for using our service.
- The merchant fee is an external fee that’s only applied when a donor uses a credit card or PayPal to make a donation. So, not all transactions will have this fee.
- PayPal: 1.9% + $0.30 per transaction
- Credit Card: 2.4% + $0.30 per transaction
Manual Check Surcharge
- The manual check fee is applied starting with the fourth check sent from Benevity to your organization. This fee is the greater of either $25 per check or 7%, to a maximum of $100.
- This fee is avoided by registering to receive your payments electronically, either by Electronic Funds Transfer or PayPal. Once completed, we can deposit donations directly into your account, speeding up the process, and saving you money.