The Benevity Causes Portal is our database for charities and non-profits from all over the world. You can register today to add your cause to the Causes Portal.
Step 1 – Find your profile in the Causes Portal
The Causes Portal syncs with government charity databases in Australia, Canada, Ireland, the UK, and the US. Organizations in these databases have a profile automatically created in the Causes Portal. You can search for your profile by entering your organization's name or registered charitable number/tax ID in the search field.
If there are no matching search results, we will need some additional information to determine your organization’s eligibility.
Step 2 – Register your profile
If you have found your organization’s profile, select View Details > Register Now. Complete the required onboarding steps to qualify for our clients’ workplace giving programs.
If you cannot find your organization’s profile, contact our support team for further vetting and verification, and provide the requested documents. Please see the country-specific requirements below:
- Proof of ACNC status; or
- Proof of DGR status
- A copy of your Charitable Status Letter from the CRA; or
- Articles or Certificate of Incorporation; or
- Society Act; or
- Letters Patent; or
- Supplementary Letters Patent
- Charities Section Letter confirming registry with the Irish Revenue Commissioners
- Confirmation of Registration from the Charity Commission or Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC), which is the letter your organisation received when it was awarded its charitable status; or
- A receipt from your annual return with the Charity Commission; or
- A letter recognizing your charity status from the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR)
- IRS Letter of Determination stating your EIN and 501(c)3 tax-exempt status
Government Organization (e.g., municipalities, schools):
- W-9 form for where funds should be sent; depending on how your organization operates, this may be direct to the city/town, a school district, or to your specific organization itself
Fiscally Sponsored Organization (e.g. Boy Scouts Troops): If your organization does not have its own 501(c)3 status, we cannot add it to the Causes Portal. However, if it is chartered under an organization that has 501(c)3 status (such as a church), we require your fiscal sponsor’s information:
- Organization name, address, website (if applicable); and
- An email contact; and
- IRS Letter of Determination or W-9
Once your fiscal sponsor has a profile in the Causes Portal, they can add your organization as a Project.
If your organization is located in a country not listed here, get started by registering with our international vetting partner, TechSoup.