You can update your organization’s donation payment method at any time through the Causes Portal.
If the current bank account on file cannot accept funds, we highly recommend that you first temporarily change your donation method to Check payments and then submit a new EFT or PayPal application. This ensures disbursements are not sent to a closed account while you await approval of your new application.
To change your donation method, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Causes Portal.
- Select the Donation Method tab.
- Select Update Donation Payment Method and choose your new donation payment method.
- Complete the required fields marked with a red asterisk (*)
- Upload supporting documentation. Ensure that any information in the application exactly matches the information in the supporting document.
- Review the application and select Submit.
All EFT or PayPal applications are manually reviewed by the Benevity Finance team and the approval timeline is dependent on submission volume. An email will be sent once the review is complete, and the updated status will be reflected on the Donation Method tab on your profile.
Once the new application is reviewed and approved by our Finance team, your previous banking information will be archived.